Friday, September 28, 2012

Neighbors and the Other New Sitcoms 2012

Neighbors was weird. It was kooky, unique, crazy. There's no doubt in my mind it will be cancelled.

But I really liked it. For me, it was the best new sitcom of the season. So far, I have watched Go On, Animal Practice, The Mindy Project, Partners, and Guys With Kids. Neighbors stood out and looks to be unlike any other sitcom on television.

I know that critics are going to hate this show. People are going to write it off with Coneheads comparisons. It'll probably be too weird for a lot of people. It will lose a lot of viewers from its lead-in, Modern Family.

I really hope this show makes it.

Go On is okay. It has had some moments. I laughed more than a few times. This past week, the comparisons to Rachael Maddow were hilarious. I put this as the #2 new sitcom of the year.

Animal Practice is #3, but I'm not loving it or any of the others I have seen so far. So far, the monkey is the best thing this show has going for it, but it also has a really good cast, so I have high hopes for it. I do believe, however, that this sow will also be cancelled.

The Mindy Project has potential because of Mindy. She is funny and I loved her on The Office. But I don't remember laughing at all during the first episode.

I feel like there's been too many shows recently about people with young/new children. There's only so many new jokes that can be made about this subject. While I like the cast of Guys With Kids, I'm not impressed by the writing. One laugh in two episodes is not enough for me.

Partners was the most disappointing of the bunch. I didn't laugh at all and three days after watching it, the only thing I remember about the show was that I didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment